Friday, July 3, 2009

There's more to Health than weight

I read a blog post by another healthy challenger talking about a decluttering challenge back in June. Well, already being part of 2 other challenges at the time, I decided it wasn't the right time for me to start that. But now it is. This challenge was set forth by MizFit to get rid of 30 things in 30 days to start on the road to a clutter free life.

Well, I've done a lot of reading, planning, thinging, considering, and avoiding decluttering. Now I think it's time to do something about it! I plan to move at some point, and don't want to drag all the junk half way across the country. Do I really need to keep ALL the old clothes I had back when I was thin? Even when I fit into it again, will I really wear it? Doubful. I am a MAJOR pack rat, so my stuff isn't clutter to me, it's part of me, part of who I am. Well, it's time to drop a different kind of weight! How can I really be healthy with so much stuff cluttering my life? So today I start my get-rid-of-one-thing-a-day life. I'll aim for 30 days, and see if I can bring myself to continue after that. It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster trying to seperate the stuff from me. But I can do it. I found a cool book about decluttering that's called Declutter Fast, that is definitely worth a look.

So, if you haven't already been through the 30/30 plan (thanks again MizFit) don't delay, get yourself on the road to mental clarity to go along with your new sexy bod! Join me!

Healthy and Happy Living

No comments: