Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gratitude

Yesterday was a bit of a down day. Today I'm shaking it off I have decided I'm having a glorious day, so it must be true.

As my regular readers probably know, I'm participating in the 3rd Fabulous Fatties Challenge. They have such great challenges. :) Anyway, about a week ago Shannon challenged the challengers to keep a daily journal of things you are grateful for. I've decided that is a great thing to add to my journey. A healthy soul is part of a healthy life. Here are some of the things I'm grateful for:

I have a wonderful husband who loves me and thinks I'm beautiful no matter my size
My son is growing up to be a kind, caring, intelligent person
My family is healthy and happy
My mom is an amazing person, and I know she is always there when I need her
I have a large family, and our family get togethers are full of love and laughter
I have two of the sweetest most loving dogs ever
I have a good job that keeps me challenged and gives me the opportunity to grow and learn
I have fabulous friends; both the real life kind, and the blog/Twitter/Facebook kind that are there when I need a little cheering up
I set out to accomplish a goal, and although I haven't reached that goal yet, I'm well on my way and have found a wonderful support system to get me there

Oh, and now I have something new to add to my list, I just won a prize in the daily drawing for the Fabulous Fatties Challenge. It feels so good to win! Thank you ladies, you are Fabulous.

This is the start of what is sure to be a very long list. I have a nice new leather bound journal that these are going in, and whenever I have a down day (like yesterday) I can read through all the things in my life I can be grateful for, and that's sure to turn that frown upsidedown.


Healthy and Happy Living



Fab Fatties Challenge Update:
Date: 8/25
Total Entries: 5 entries
Drink 8 glasses of water a day *1 entry
5 servings of fruits or vegetables a day *1 entry
Exercise 30 minutes a day or more *2 entries
Eat a healthy breakfast *1 entry per day

1 comment:

Meg said...

Keeping gratitude in mind is so key to life. Well done for recentering yourself after an off day. And congrats on the weight loss!!!
Stopped by from SITS