Monday, August 24, 2009

Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons

for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I know what you're thinking. Huh? Well, my 13 year old son has just started his own blog. His creative little mind working overtime, he is going to be writing about being a dragon hunter. I can't wait to see what he writes. I helped him get it set up and designed, I think it's going to be great fun to read. Yes, as soon as he has a couple posts up, I'll post him on my sidebar for anyone interested. I know, this post is a little off topic from my usual writings, but I just couldn't help myself. I'm a proud mama. :)

OK, so back on subject. Well, I think subconsiously I didn't weigh in yesterday on purpose. I didn't feel like I had a very productive weekend. I was right, I had a minor backwards slide. I wonder if it was the pizza or the Sloppy Joe's, or maybe the ice cream? Bad time for a set back, with the final weigh in for the Biggest loser contest right around the corner! I've really got to step it up. I'm going to go for my 2 mile walk this afternoon, and I think I'll do another one this evening after work. I could use the extra cardio.

It's funny, in a sad and ironic sort of way. Here I am, I work for a fitness company, I've read countless articles and been through numerous meetings about being healthy and losing weight. Not only the importance, and the potential health risks, but the how to do it meetings. I know I'm doing the right things, I'm just not doing enough of the right things. When I journal my food daily, make sure I'm getting enough exercise (even if that's just my 2 mile walk), and staying hydrated, the pounds seem to melt off. Then I get complacent, I find that I tell myself "You've been doing so good, one big bowl of ice cream won't hurt." Then what happens? Since one bowl of ice cream didn't "hurt," guess it's OK to have several slices of pizza, and a regular soda, and... You get the picture. It's a horrible pit I dig myself into, and only when I weigh in and realize that it did hurt, do I shake myself out if it. By then, it's too late to stop the gain, and now I have to work extra hard to get it back off again.

When I stepped on that scale this morning, my heart sank. I felt all the energy drain from my body, and I wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep. Thankfully I have this outlet and the support of my readers and all my Twitter friends to get me through the tough days. Hopefully a nice relaxing walk will get those annoying thoughts out of my head. You know the ones, that nasty little person in your head that says things like "See, I told you, you couldn't do it." or "Why don't you just give it up now." or "There's nothing wrong with getting bigger, you're still healthy." and all those other sabotaging thoughts. Where did the cheerfull me go today? I know she likes to take a day off every now and then, but I need her back.

Healthy and Happy Living



Fab Fatties Challenge Update:
Date: 8/24
Total Entries: 6
Creativity tweet, myspace, facebook or other social network about this challenge *1 entry
Exercise 30 minutes a day or more *2 entries
Keep a food journal *1 entry per day
Extra Entries *1
Leave comments on other peoples blogs *1 entry per comment

No comments: