Friday, October 2, 2009

Bye Bye Trainer Paul

I recently had my last session with my personal trainer. By last, I mean I used the last one in my package, and unfortunately can't get another one...yet. Boy did he make that last one a good one. Jumping from one thing to the next, I did split squats (they're like a cross between a lunge and a squat), moved right into wall/ball squats, then ball crunches, then back to the split squats. He had me do 2 sets of everything without a pause. By the end of the second set, I was sweating hard, breathing hard, and weak in the knees. On to the arms, used the chest press machine (he bumped up the weight), then did a push up thing where he had me put my hands on a weight bench, get in a push up position, and hold it for a minute! Then some leg lifts. By the end of the first round of these I was at the point in a workout where you know you have hit your limit. The place where you aren't sure if you are going to pass out or throw up first. I sat down, my trainer got me some water, and I waited it out as my eyes got the sparkley spots on the side that tell me I'm dehydrated and about to black out. Wow, what a workout! By the time I could walk again, my session was over. Whew.


The good thing about pushing that far, is I know where my current limit is. That gives me a starting place, so I know when I've gotten better. So, I figure I'll keep up my workouts, keep up my healthier eating, and in a few weeks, I'll put myself through that same workout & see if I can get further before hitting the wall. 


Life has been so busy lately, I haven't had time to do my workouts as regularly as I should, and unfortunately I'm seeing the results (or lack of results) of that on the scale. I have maintained my 20 lb loss, but I haven't lost any more. I've got to step it up though. I'm going to a big convention (work related) in mid November, and I'd like to try and drop a bit more before then. Last year when I went to this convention I took a lot of pictures & put together a presentation to share with my department when I got back talking about why I went & what I learned to help the team. Well, I saw a couple pictures of myself in there, and had to do a double take. I'm usually on the taking side of the picture, not the "smile" side. And I was surprised at how big I was. I'd like to take a picture a little more representative of the industry I'm in. I'm sure people are a bit surprised to find I work for a fitness gym chain, looking like I do. We'll see if I can't look a little more like a fitness person this year. Wish me luck!

Healthy and Happy Living

2 comments:

Julie Elder said...

De Anna, I just received your post, about your weight loss, and I wanted to share with you some thing that is new, that i have been using since April of this year. It is called the NextFit Keychain trainer. And I love it. i can workout at home or the gym, or outside. It plugs into your USB port on your computer and you can customize your own workout at your own level. They come with a 10 day free trial, and I have been working out with Kathy Smith. if you want to try it, let me know, and i can send one out to you, for the trial.
just email me at julieeelder58@hotmail.com
I have finally lost weight. i have lost 19 pounds and 6 inches. I am working on my second goal with is 5 pounds in a week. It not only trains you but they give you what they call mind lines. Which they talk to you about nutrition, and things you can do the strengthen your outlook on a better healthier life.. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon.. Julie
You can learn more about it at www.plugin2fitness.com or one of my blogs at
http://discoveranewjourney.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Hi DeAnna, I'm visiting from SITS. Your blog title caught my eye. I never had a weight problem until I gained 50 1bs during my first pregnancy and it really was a wake up call. I lost the weight fairly quickly with diet and exercise and now I'm a major health enthusiast.

Your 20 1b weight loss is amazing! If I could offer one bit of advice from someone who has been there, push yourself each workout. If I don't get that "exercise high" after a workout, I know I didn't try hard enough. Another thing that has helped me progress is to do something a little different each time I work out. Even if it is just adding more weight or using a machine I have never used before. It is such a great feeling when you see changes.

Best of luck. I look forward to watching your progress.