Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pizza? Really?

Another day, and more temptations. My darling husband, in his infinate wisdom, decided that after having a bad day, we needed pizza for dinner. Boy oh boy, was I afraid of that! But, after a little research, checking my food log & uploading my Bodybugg data, I was able to have 2 guilt free pieces of pizza and still stay within my calorie goal for the day! 

I knew there was a reason "diets" don't work, it's because a diet plan would have told me "NO, you can't eat that!!", and I'd have said "Wanna bet!? Just watch me!" Then would have eaten 4 or 5 slices, felt sick and guilty afterward, and had a few bad days of eating whatever I wanted after that. That one little moment would have been the death of my diet. Now that I've made it over that hurdle, I understand that I really can do this. It's not about willpower & avoiding all the foods I love, it's about moderation and understanding what I'm putting in my body. 

No comments: