Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Twitter Support Group

All I can say is WOW. Through all the trials and tribulations of previous weight loss attempts (and failures), I've never had such a quick to respond, widespread, active and helpful support group. Today I was VERY tempted to fall back on good old soda, and my wonderful Twitter friends talked me out of it, letting me know how good I was doing & giving me other options to try instead. With a support group like this under you, how can you possible fail? My spirits have been lifted, my resolve renewed.

Not only do I have my tweeps, but a growing support system at home. My mom is behind me, a couple friends and co-workers and keeping me lifted, and my husband has been so supportive. He tells me all the time how proud he is of me. He even made me my healthy breakfast this morning. Then there is the Biggest Loser challengers at work, our wonderful team leader (Zen) who is supportive, encouraging, and gives us those gentle reminders to do what we're supposed to (like when I didn't take the stairs this morning, after talking to her I walked back downstairs and up again). I feel like everything in my life is falling into place to get me to where I want and need to be. Pretty soon, I'll be one hot mama!

Went for a nice long walk at lunch today with a group that is participating in the Biggest Loser challenge at work. As much as I enjoy walking by myself, I realized that walking with other people pushes me to walk faster than I normally would. I was quite winded when I got back. Follow that up with a 3 flight stair climb. Pretty good workout for the afternoon. Need to do my floor mat exercises tonight too, going to be like 2 hours of exercise today by the time I'm done. It's a good day.

Today's Random Act of Kindness: When looking for a counter to put on the blogs I manage (my 2 and my mom's 2), I found one that include a link to a charitable org under the counter. So instead of going with one that was just normal, I went with the charity link. Even if it only generates $1 for a charity, every dollar counts.

1 comment:

Viv said...

Ooops, in that case I guess my comment wasn't really that supportive. I have decided for myself that diet soda will remain my vice, but if you can live without it, all the better. :)