Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 2 Results

Well, not exactly what I'd call a stellar week. This weekend my son spent at grandma's house. Which left my husband and I all alone. We decided to go out to dinner Saturday night, and Sunday we rented a movie. Between all this, I had my personal training session with Paul on Saturday and followed that with a nice long walk, and my hubby and I took the dogs for a walk on Saturday. That's where my good habits ended. Sunday I didn't journal my food, drink my water, or have a healthy breakfast. I even broke down and had a soda (it was one of those All Natural ones, but it was still a soda). Today I'm paying the price. I'm sluggish, tired and retaining water from too much sodium (I may not have journaled it, but I know all the bad things I ate yesterday).

Unfortunately today was my weigh in day, boy I sure wasn't thinking ahead was I. But I guess it could have been worse, through it all I only saw a 1 lb gain this week. Which I'm pretty sure will be gone by tomorrow once I flush my system (drinking plenty of water today).

All in all, I can't say I feel guilty or regret my weekend. Everyone is bound to slip up, the trick is to pull yourself back up and hop back on track. I can't expect to be eat perfectly for the rest of my life, I'm just glad I recognize what happened and am not letting it derail my efforts. I'm back on track and journaling today. Had a nice breakfast and going for a walk this afternoon with some co-workers.

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Yes, recovering quickly is the answer! Well done for doing that! Best of luck for the week ahead!

Foodie McBody said...

I like the "no regrets" and moving forward in a healthy way. Yay for your afternoon walk!