Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekly Recap

Here we are, another Monday. So here's my week at a glance.

On the 1st, my first official Get Moving Challenge began (if you didn't get in on this one, don't sweat it, I'll have more!) With 13 challengers participating, I'm happy with the turnout for the first run. Today I'm announcing the prize for the winner (which will be determined by a random drawing from everyone who reaches their goal). The prize is...{imagine drum roll here}... a Personalized Pocket Workout Towel (details and photo coming shortly). Good luck to all the participants.

This week, I made a lot of changes, mostly mental, that I think will really start to reflect come my next recap. Thanks to some words of wisdom from my trainer (you can read about it here), I've made some really positive changes & feel great about myself!

This week I started a new journey as well. I have challenged myself (a self proclaimed master pack rat) to get rid of 30 things in 30 days. I'm starting with my wardrobe, which I'm pretty sure now that I've started I will be removing more than 30 things from. Not sure what I'll work on next, but I'm taking baby steps. Even getting rid of a dress I haven't won in years, that is totally out of style, and that doesn't fit my personality anymore, is proving to be difficult. But I'm determined.

As of today I am officially at 13 pounds lost! Woo Hoo! 2.1 lbs to get below 260 again. It's been a few years since I've been below 260, of course it's been a few years since I've been as low as I am. Today, I excitedly had to put on a belt to hold up my favorite jeans!! OK, it is a bittersweet moment, I really like these jeans, but I LOVE shrinking out of my clothes.

Now that we're half way through the year, what are your goals for the back half of 2009?

Healthy and Happy Living

No comments: