Monday, July 25, 2011

Changes

Had my first training last Friday, man she kicked my butt. Have my next one tomorrow. In between I was given 2 days of homework, 30 minutes of cardio. When life gets busy, it's easy to say "I'll do it tomorrow" but when I know I'm going to be seeing my trainer and she will ask if I did my homework, I find myself a little more focused on getting it done. Good thing number one about a trainer, accountability. 


I am finding it hard to shift my eating habits to 5 or 6 small meals a day. Usually during the day I'm lucky if I remember to eat. I find I do most of my calories at and after dinner. But I'm getting better. Both at spreading out the meals, and making dinner a little smaller. Last night, for example, instead of 6 oz of chicken I cut it in half and did 3. I also did some oven fries with a spice rub seasoning, and kept the amount I had down to a manageable amount. Not bad, right?


Then came the ice cream, only a half cup, so it could have been worse. Can't completely deny ourselves. And then I stayed up late watching scary movies with my son, and we shared a plate of nachos. At least we don't have any soda in the house, so I had Crystal Light instead. Still, if I add it all up, I'm pretty sure I went over my calorie count for the day.


One step at a time I guess. I once heard someone say "You didn't gain the weight overnight, what makes you think you can lose it overnight? So I'll just continue making small changes to eventually change the big picture. 


Healthy and Happy Living

No comments: