Thursday, July 21, 2011

Patty the Trainer

Had a great first meeting with Patty. We talked about her training style, some success stories including her personal weight loss success, my current habits, and my goals. She even gave me homework. I hate homework. But I guess I can manage this one. It's 30 minutes of cardio. 


She gave me a specific way to do my cardio, we talked about heart rate, perceived effort, and interval training. I'll be heading to the gym when I'm done with my workday to do my homework and hit the pool for a while. I think I'll use the recumbent bike today. Doesn't leave me with a sore rear end like the upright type bikes do.


Patty reiterated the importance of 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day to keep my metabolism burning all day. The things I know, but don't do. Silly me. I've been trying to do the small meals, but haven't been eating "good" food, so my small meals are too small. Need to pick up more fruits and veggies to bulk up those meals and still keep the calories manageable. 


Well, my first official training session with Patty is tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to it, but a little nervous at the same time. Probably because when we went through my medical questionaire, I didn't have anything that she needed to be concerned about. I believe what she said (with an evil smile) was "Good, then I don't have to worry about hurting you." Should I be worried about that? Guess I'll know tomorrow. 


Heading to the gym, push out that cardio so I can tell Patty I did my homework like a good girl. 


Healthy and Happy Living

No comments: